Oddest thing ever...watching Daleks speaking German, as Martha Jones did in Journey's End episode the last series of Doctor Who, when she went to that totally random German castle to help Osterhagen the world.
What? I said I'd have to stretch some of these.
Country #2 - West Germany
Yes, you read that right. That's how long ago the musical ambassadors trip was.
Not in any particular order, we did:
- Heidelberg, went to a castle
- Rode the Rhine, saw castles
- Wiesbaden, haven't a clue what we did there, but I'm sure there was a castle
- Berchtesgaden, remember when the boys in Band of Brothers cleared out Hitler's Eagle's Nest? That's where this is...and that place was big enough to be a castle.
- Learned the German word for shit while playing video games at an arcade, but not the German word for castle...wait, unless it's schloss?
- Ate wiener schnitzel for the first and last time (and EPCOT doesn't count, though they do have castles there.)
Odd to think that I've been to a country that (I suppose, in name only) doesn't exist anymore.